SHIPmEnTT | StrengtHening Intellectual Property and technology transfer processes in greEn sea mobiliTy secTors
The SHIPmEnTT project aims at establishing an innovation ecosystem focused on the green sea mobility sector across the ADRION area. In the medium-term, the aim is to enhance the investments in regional R&D and increase the competitiveness of the local SMEs.
Today, the innovation activity in the region is fragmented and confined to the national borders allowing limited space for regional cooperation and economic growth.
SHIPmEnTT- featuring 10 partners from all 8 countries of the ADRION area - will establish a network of cooperating parties with a clear plan to shape the necessary conditions for a fruitful blue growth innovation ecosystem in the spirit of transnational cooperation.
The project main outputs will be:
1. Direct 1:1 support on a) IP management and b) access to finance to 250 SMEs[short-term impact]
2. Training of 50 staff of business innovation support organizations [medium-term impact]
3. An all-inclusive strategy for the development of a regional innovation ecosystem fuelled by blue-technologies in the green sea mobility field [long term impact]
The project presents two novelties:
1. focuses on the green sea mobility sector that has received little attention so far internationally
2. leverages on two critical and interrelated elements of business strategy and innovation management: a) Access to finance and b) IP protection and exploitation